4 Ingredient Flavorful Meal for your Family in under 60 minutes
This recipe is Paleo, Whole 30
Want flavorful, farm-fresh food to nourish your family? Choose the best, from our farm. Our high-quality farm food will leave you wanting more. Feed your family for under $20 in under an hour. This recipe has very simple prep and could be adapted for the crockpot if you’re in a hurry. If you go the crockpot method I’d recommend throwing all the ingredients in and letting it cook for 8 hours on low heat. Check your meat with a thermometer (165 degrees) before serving.
- Make sure your ham steak is thawed to room temperature. Heat your pot over medium heat and brown ham steak on both sides for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove ham steak and let rest on cutting board.
- Add diced onions and celery to pan and carmelize for a few minutes then add peas.
- Dice ham into bite-size pieces and add back to pot.
5. Fill the pot with water ensuring that the water covers the ham fully. (A few inches from the top of the pot to avoid overpour.)
6. Let simmer on low to medium heat for 45 minutes and stir every 15 minutes.
7. Mush some of the peas with a spoon to thicken the soup or add cornstarch if you are wanting a thicker consistency. (We like it like a soup so I left it pretty thin.)
Serve and enjoy!
*Salt and pepper are optional but our forest-raised ham steaks are packed with rich natural flavor!*