Beef short ribs in wine sauce.
Make succulent short ribs the easy, no-fuss way in a slow cooker with a wine sauce. This gluten-free recipe is perfect to prepare before work and will be ready to eat by the time you get home. Recipes like these are a combination of Pinterest recipes I found and mostly consist of throwing together whatever ingredients I happen to have in the cupboard. Kenny and I had never had beef short ribs before so this recipe was a bit of an experiment for us. Luckily everything with wine tastes better. If I had to do it again I would braise the ribs in a hot skillet for a few minutes on each side to get a nice browning and then add them to the crockpot. But, that is an extra step if you have time. This dish will easily feed 4-6 people. We had leftovers for days!
- 3lbs of FunGuy Farms Pasture-Raised Beef Short Ribs
- 3lbs of organic potatoes (red & yellow fingerlings)
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1tsp of thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of red wine
- Dice/quarter potatoes, dice the onions, and the garlic. Add to crockpot.
- Season with 1 tsp of thyme and add the bay leaf to the crockpot.
- Add fully thawed short ribs evenly to the crockpot.
- Pour the red wine over the short ribs.
- Cook on high for 5hrs 30min OR cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Check potatoes for desired done-ness and make sure the meats internal temperature had reached 160F or above.
This recipe would be good to add carrots too. I would half the number of potatoes and then add chopped carrots. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any on hand. It tastes very similar to a pot roast but the wine leaves a very rich, savory flavor. For the best result always cook pasture-raised meats low and slow. Enjoy!